Friday, August 24, 2012

[Haul] Shopping: MAC, H&M, Aveda & Forever21


Uh oh~ I've been quite a bad girl these past couple of weeks or so... did a bit of damage to the bank account, but nothing it can't handle, no worries there!
My bestie Amanda and I (her blog can be found here) had a rather spontaneous spree of the shopping :D We hadn't seen each other in around seven months and considering when we're together we tend to be quite inseparable there was definitely cause for celebration; thus, this haul was born! (and just a warning, this post is VERY picture heavy, proceed with caution! ;) )


First we went to H&M, now I didn't need anything in here persay but I did see this umbrella and the colours are just so pretty and feminine I couldn't resist. It's quite rainy and miserable here at the mo so this has come in handy already!



Next up was Forever21, now I don't usually go in here but Mandy loves it, I just don't generally like the cheap quality of the clothes I'd rather buy something that I know will last. That said, I did surprisingly end up buying a tank top in here, it's a peachy neutral shade that I thought would be good to wear under sheer tops that look funny with white underneath! At (about) $2.50 you really can't go wrong! 


I also bought some jewellery, again I usually don't like the quality of it but these are all rose gold shades and I am obsessed with rose gold, so against my better judgement I bought them anyway! They're all very pretty and sparkly and I find rose gold is very versatile and goes with almost any outfit!


These earrings are really, really twinkly they're rose gold toned gems all clustered together. They are quite large but I wear my hair down about 90% of the time so I thought it would be nice just see a little peak of sparkle behind my hair every now and then.



These are very sweet for when I want to wear a bit of rosy gold without being too loud. They're quite delicate and refined I especially love the heart shape, it makes them a bit more unique.


Next are these lovely little bangles, again peachy rose gold with yellow gold trim and underlay! I just thought they were lovely very dainty and jingly and they match all the other jewellery I bought.



Of course Mandy and I couldn't resist the call of MAC as we walked passed so off we went to buy more makeup that we don't really need! Hah! I bought two lip glosses (my collection does not need anymore expanding someone stop me!) one pink and one orange; I was feeling quite adventurous with the latter.



This very pretty baby pink Cremesheen Glass in Paper Lantern is really subtle and sheer it also has a teeny tiny bit of incredibly fine glitter in it which you can barely see but it adds a nice touch. I have quite pigmented lips and my skin tone is very fair, so I like this to mute the colour of my lips slightly and give them a lovely shine, of course!



This one is called Rising Sun and has quickly made orange my new favourite lip colour, even though I'm quite aware that summer and spring have ended I'm determined to make orange work in autumn. Orange is an autumny colour, is it not? I'll match all the falling leaves and pumpkins, perfect I say! :)


Next I went to the land of heaven for skin care and hair care... Aveda! I had been umming and aahing as to whether I should buy the Brilliant line of shampoo and conditioner or the Smooth Infusion, so I asked the sales assistant for her opinion based on my hair type (very fine and oily) and she said that the Smooth Infusion line would be better, so that's what I went with. I was looking for something to replace another Aveda shampoo and conditioner pair I have (I only use the sun care line if I've been in the sun, as I don't want to waste it unnecessarily). I also bought the Tourmaline Charged Skin Refiner (a fancy way to say exfoliator), which as I mentioned in a previous post, I had a sample of and absolutely feel in love! I have to stop myself from using it too often.



I haven't tried either of these just yet, but I can't wait to I'm just waiting for my Damage Remedy shampoo and conditioner to run out first and then I'll start using them. I'm dying to give them a whirl I might let you know how that goes if I'm impressed! 


This exfoliator.... Oh my goodness, I can't get over how it makes my skin feel, so soft and smooth! Like I said I cannot get enough of it, quite frankly I think I'm addicted to the baby's bottom affect it gives my face! Words cannot describe how much I love this, you'll just have to ask for a sample and try it for yourself and you'll see what I mean :)

Welp that's it for this post! I hope you enjoyed and are living up the last of your summer holidays (and (hopefully) nice weather) school and autumn are well on their way and ready to rumble!

See you soon 





1 comment: