Saturday, January 5, 2013

[Haul & Lifestyle] Happy New Year & Christmas Present Highlights


Well hello, hello~

First of all, I hope you had a Wonderful Holiday and 2013 is treating you well so far and continue to do so! I know we all seem to say it every year but I really can't believe how quickly 2012 flew by. I barely had time to get used to writing the right year.

Of course, I must apologise for being MIA for so long! Contrary to popular belief I have not, in fact, fallen off the face of the earth... Quite the opposite, I've just been very busy since early October with exams, holidays, work and... blogger's block, I suppose I'll call it. But do not fear I'm back and hoping that this New Year will encourage me to make a fresh start on actually posting here regularly :) (fingers crossed)

Christmas and shopping certainly does make the end of the year lots of fun! As I do every year, I spent Christmas in England; the only difference this year was that I didn't stay for New Year and I was there all the way from early December to New Year's Eve Eve! As a whole it was... busy and by the end of all the merry shenanigans that make up 'the most wonderful time of the year' I was more than ready to come home if only to have a moment to sit down and breathe~

As usual, I had trouble bringing back all the gifts I was given (and those I bought myself) and as usual I managed (...most of them)! 



This first little lot are actually things I bought in a little gift shop near my Grandma's house (minus the milk jug). I'm redecorating my room a little bit here and there to give it a really pastel-vintage feel! The milk jug is actually going to be holding flowers and sitting on my desk to brighten it up a little bit :) The lantern and lacey heart shaped decoration both hold tea lights and I'm going to hang them from my ceiling (don't worry I'll be extra careful ;) ). And last, the garland of distressed wooden hearts is going to go above a cork board above my desk. When I saw them in the little shop I just fell in love! The whole place was full of adorable things like that, I was completely spoilt for choice! I'll definitely be going back in the summer to buy a few more tidbits~

And now onto a few highlights of my xmas pressies! (I chose highlights because I know what I'm like, I'd go on forever and ever about every single thing (and take a bajillion and two pictures of each) and this post would become far, far too long... I'm sure it'll be long enough, as is :) )



So first, theeese~ I've had my eye on white studio beats for the past couple of years now, seeing as travelling can dampen the sound from regular earphones and headphones, the noise cancelling ability these have make such a difference (especially on planes when you're watching a film for the first time, it makes the whole experience a little bit more enjoyable when you can hear what's being said). I actually have a bit of aerophobia (spell check says I made that up... ah well, it works) which makes these even more amazing. I can close my eyes listen to relaxing music and pretend I'm not even on a plane, which is fantastic news for me and my airplane-related anxiety!



Next is this adorable little cream and black handbag. Oh my goodness, this really is a perfect present! It goes with everything and it's just adorable (it has also made me start to think about what I really need in my handbag... my shoulders are very thankful! hah). Not much more needs to be said really it's just incredibly cute and pretty!


Nail varnish~ This is actually a representative picture as I was given TONNES of nail varnish for Christmas! I'm overwhelmed I don't know where to even begin testing colours out... it's all very exciting! I'm sure many of these will be in a post at some point as all of the new colours I have are beautiful! :) 


Omaigoodness~ These little 'Tatty Teddy' fairy lights (Tatty Teddy is a character for a card shop in the UK... he's one of my favourite little mascots ever)! I almost squealed when I opened these, my favourite little teddy with a santa hat on and on one of my favourite decorations ever, this combination could not be more perfect, let me tell you. I'm looking at them above my computer screen as we speak they really do look sweet! 



This next one isn't really a christmas present but I bought them in London (like in this post) and decided to throw them into the mix. The HUGE manga magazine I bought should really last me the rest of my life! hah It's enormous, it'll certian keep me entertained for a long, long time! :)


And now for a little Christmas cheer, I believe this was in my stocking it's one of those battery operated LED candles that flicker... to make them seem a little bit more like a real open flame candle! It's been flickering away on my desk for the past few days I've been home and it's really sweet. Even if you're not a candle burner, you can still enjoy the warm ambience of one without the fire hazard ;) 

And last but not least, my new camera lens; all of these pictures were taken with it! I am in LOVE! It's a 50mm lens~ they are quite well known in the camera world for creating a very sharp, focused foreground and blurred background... pair your subject with a background of fairy lights et voila~ you have a lovely bokeh effect~ So pretty I love it! I spent AGES taking photos today I couldn't get enough of it! :)

Alrighty then, I believe that's all this time~ I will see you all very soon, lots of potential posts are filling up my planner for the months to come keep an eye out!

Stay healthy and warm~
Until next time 

Oh and before I go, my New Year's Resolution... well really my resolution is to keep the resolutions that I made last year ( I kept them all last year! woo~) so I just need to keep going! They were being more organised, growing my nails and taking better care of myself as a whole! :) All of which I managed to at least improve on in 2012! 




2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, sounds like you're going for a shabby chic style? I'd love to see pics when you're done! The little lantern and heart garland are adorable! I've thought about decorating in the shabby chic style. Not sure what my style is. Actually, my style tends to be a bit more opulent, but my husband likes rather modern stuff. Marry a guy who doesn't care. My husband cares WAY TOO MUCH. You should have seen the hissy fit he threw when I gave our guest bathroom an Asian bird theme. . . lol.

    I'll have to take your word on the headphones. I know good quality headphones are expensive and hard to find, so I'm glad you found a good pair. And your phobia has a justified name. According to Wikipedia, "Fear of flying is a fear of being on an airplane (aeroplane), or other flying vehicle, such as a helicopter, while in flight. It is also sometimes referred to as aerophobia, aviatophobia, or aviophobia." Glad you found something that will help! It would also work for the dentist drilling cavities. The worst part of it is the SOUND.

    I'd love to see swatches of the nail polish :D Some of them don't have many swatches online :S

    The Tatty Teddy lights are so cute! I'm sure they impart a lovely whimsical feel to the room :)

    That's a huge manga magazine you got! I got a large one too, but I think I threw it out, or did I give it to you? XD No matter at this point. I can have Taka pick up another one for me. They're pretty cheap. The best part is that they have the katakana for the kanji, so you don't need to be super advanced in japanese to read them, although you do need to know quite a bit. I could not read them with my measly knowledge XD

    I have a flickering LED candle too! I need to replace the batteries. It was given as a gift to me, and at first I didn't like it much, but then I realized how cool it was. It is placed in a glass vase with clear and iridescent gems along with gold and glitter sleigh bells :)

    Oh, and that camera is amazing! Your pictures all look like they came from a magazine :D

    My goals for 2013 are to get healthy enough so that I can work and have a baby :) I've finally found a group of doctors that are fairly compassionate and understanding. They're willing to help me. Finding doctors like this is half the battle :$ And to update my story more often XD Only one update last year. . . Sad isn't it?

    This is random, but cute. This morning I woke up and found Punky tucked under the blankets by Taka's feet. I told him, and he said, "Oh, so that's who was licking my feet." XD Punky has a foot fetish, and Taka's feet seem to be the best 8D

    Thanks for the update!!! I'd been checking your page every few days, waiting for it :$ *snugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Anna Lie!!!! BTW,Amanda sent me here. ;)

    ReplyDelete